There is a fundraising dinner and auction happening at Hoole Hall (Doubletree by Hilton) in Chester in aid of Josh’s Project at the end of the month which some of us will be attending.
You’ll need to get your tickets by the 15th, all other details below:
It is a sit down, set 3-course meal, inc. coffee, with a main course vegetarian option (see menu below). As poster indicates, there is also a welcome drink. Tables sit 10 – some tables have been sold to businesses but individual ticket sales are being made too. Dress code is ‘Lounge suits’ – so smart dress but not black tie!
They aren’t near the sell-out mark just yet but venue holds 180 maximum but you’ll have to have bought your ticket by 15 October (a hotel requirement), so another couple of weeks to go. However, if you were considering booking a table, it may be wise to do so sooner rather than later. You can buy tickets via any of the means on the poster please. Tickets supplied on payment (by cheque or cash please) to ‘Josh’s Project’ – by post or personal transaction.
Entertainment is the band The Moo Cows (a strong, popular local band – they’re playing Eaton Hall at the Grosvenor Estate the following night and played the Sptting Feathers Beer Festival last year) plus there is a disco too with a DJ-selected playlist (ie. the DJ can’t make it but has picked the tunes!) especially for the night, in between the live music, auction, etc.
The organisers look forward to hearing from you soon. By the way, we think that, for what is on offer, £25/head is a great deal!! (I tend to agree)
About the project
Josh’s Project, set up last year to drive fundraising for the build of a BMX track in Vicars Cross in memory of 12-year-old Josh Easton. Josh was killed in a road incident when a van, travelling along Vicars Cross Rd, turned in and struck Josh, who was making his way home, along the pavement as it crosses the entrance to the Shell petrol station.
Josh’s Project, with the co-operation of Gt Boughton Parish Council, and community and business support, worked hard to raise some £35,000, and the track was opened by His Grace the Duke of Westminster in March this year.
In his speech, His Grace highlighted the need for continued fundraising and involvement because Josh’s Project is responsible for funding the maintenance and security of the track for the first 10 years of its existence.
Josh’s Project Dinner menu
Roasted Plum Tomato and Pepper Soup
Warm Bread Roll
Breast of Chicken, Wholegrain Mustard Mash, Fine Beans Crispy Italian Ham, Madeira Wine Jus
Vegetarian Option: Wild Mushroom Risotto with Truffled Rocket
Caramelized Lemon Tart
Winter Berry Puree
Auction Prizes – as at 26 Sept 2010
- Manchester United Shirt signed by Michael Owen
- Chelsea FC Cigarette box signed by Frank Lampard
- Rizzla Suzuki Cap Moto GP signed by Chris Vermulen, John Hopkins, Kevin Schwantz, and Nobbi Uedda
- Bottle of House of Commons whiskey signed by David Cameron
- 18-hole 4-ball golf at Pryors Hayes
- 18-hole 4-ball golf at Pryors Hayes (second of two)
- 1973 Manchester United shirt
- Pool cue signed by Steve Davis
- Moto GP riders’ gloves signed by Chris Vermeulen
- Pool cue signed by Ronnie O’Sullivan
- Moto GP riders’ boots signed by Chris Vermeulen
- Premiership Referee signed shirt
- Middlesborough FC shirt
- Sunderland FC shirt
- Dinner, bed & breakfast for two with bottle of wine (at Northop Hall)
- Bottle of Grosvenor Estate champagne
- Back, neck and shoulder massage (St David’s Park Hotel)
- Signed picture of Max Biaggi
- Skip Hire (Ash Waste)
- Doubletree by Hilton Chester has donated one night’s accommodation for two in a Junior Suite, with dinner for two in Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar and Grill. Guests will have use of the Club facilities including pool and thermal areas.
Raffle Prizes – as at 26 Sept 2010
- Food and Drink Hamper
- Paint Balling Day for 10 over 18s – to be used during November
- Day at Tatton Park (includes three attractions) for 2 adults and up to 3 children
- Bottle of champagne from Grosvenor Estate
- Cut, colour and blow-dry (Head Office, Vicars Cross, Chester)
- Day at Manley Mere Adventure Trail for family of four
- Unilever ‘Vitality’ bag
- 2 x Ten-pin bowling for six people (one must be under 16 years of age)
- Two-course meal for four at Northop Hall Country House Hotel
- Two-course meal for two plus bottle of wine at Northop Hall Country House Hotel
- Bridal/party/occasional make up (Hidden Skin) – valid for 12 months from 29 October 2010
Josh’s Project Dinner Menu